From a granary to a summer cafe, Polvijärvi
Owned by the ‘Farmers organization’, this building has been used as a granary to store grains since the 1950’s. Originally built in the 1880s many historical features were changed, like making the door openings bigger to allow for driving in tractors. Maratonvaara village society bought the building in 2004. The society applied for funding to carry out restoration work to convert the building to a summer cafe. Hongos carried out the restoration work including replacing the bottom layer of logs, log patching work and carried out restoration of the old floor made of planks.